Xero Beyond Basics is a 4-part course.
When taken together, this course provides the most value from Xero.
- Learn how to create a Xero file and fine-tune settings.
- Understand Xero’s default settings and how to modify.
- Learn how to customize sales tax rates.
- Understand how to establish conversion balances from other accounting packages.
- Understand the difference between tracked and untracked inventory, and the appropriate application of each.
- Learn to import beginning data, like inventory, AR, AP and contacts.
- Manage contacts in Xero.
- Understand the layout of the Xero Sales and Purchases dashboards.
- Learn how to convert a quote to an invoice.
- Learn how to create repeating invoices.
- Learn how to use invoicing as a POS integration workaround.
- Understand how to process payables, including check payments.
- Understand how billable expenses can be used in Xero.
- Understand the importance of bank data in Xero.
- Learn when to use spend/receive money rather than create a bill or invoice.
- Learn how to create effective bank rules for efficiency.
- Understand the power of “three-click reconciliation”
- Learn how to match tricky transactions to bank line items.
- Understand the ideal month-end validation process.
- Find and correct bank errors.
- Learn how to add business performance tiles to the dashboard.
- Learn how to post manual journal entries.
- Understand History & Notes and the Assurance Dashboard.
- Learn how to use Find & Recode.
- Learn how to customize a report using the Report Layout Editor.
- Learn how to use the Budget Manager.
- Understand how to get useful analytics from the Xero HQ dashboard.
Schedule a call with Amanda to talk about your project or special training needs
About your instructor
Amanda Aguillard decided to become a CPA when she was 16, and never looked back. She started Aguillard Accounting LLC in 2012, committed to running a cloud-based practice from anywhere in the world. She has been a Hubdoc Top 50 Cloud Accountant for the last two years. She was the Xero Evangelist of the Year in 2016 and used her experience as an instructor of the Xero Certification course to co-found Elefant (elefanttraining.com), a continuing education company for accountants and bookkeepers. In 2017, she co-founded Bluewire Strategy (bluewirestrategy.com), a consulting group that empowers traditional accounting firms to fully embrace the cloud using process and technology. While she holds a Masters Degree in Taxation from the University of Denver, she would much rather help other advisors leverage technology to build their dream practices. She regularly speaks at state CPA societies and industry technology conferences like Accountex, Clio Cloud Conference and Xerocon. She spends any spare time cooking for her two kids and reading historical fiction. She is slightly obsessed with Penzey’s Spices and Chris Thile.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CPE:
Participants will earn 4.0 CPE credits total
Field of Study: Computer Software & Applications- Non-Technical
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Beginner
Delivery Method: Group-Live Webinar
Refunds and Cancellations: Requests for refunds must be received five days prior to the webinar and are subject to a $25 cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted less than five days prior to the webinar. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elefant, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.