Xero for Loft47 Users
Learn how to use Xero for your brokerage.
In four one-hour live webinars, you will learn how Loft47 works with Xero to create a seamless platform for managing the finances of your brokerage. This series repeats monthly.
These sessions are created and taught by Amanda Aguillard, CPA. She started Aguillard Accounting, LLC in New Orleans in 2012, committed to running a cloud-based practice from anywhere in the world. She was the Xero Evangelist of the Year in 2016 and used her experience as an instructor of the Xero Certification Course to co-found Elefant, a training company for tech-forward small businesses and accountants. She has been a Hubdoc Top 50 Cloud Accountant for the last two years and regularly speaks at state CPA societies and industry technology conferences like Accountex and Xerocon. She spends any spare time cooking for her two kids and reading historical fiction. While she holds a Masters Degree in Taxation from the University of Denver, she would much rather craft and implement ecosystems for small businesses.
Part 1: Setup and Settings- Understanding the Loft47 setup of Xero and customizing for your brokerage
- Organization settings
- Financial settings
- User permissions
- Email settings
- Invoice settings & reminders
- Check printing
- Understanding the chart of accounts
- Tracking categories
Part 2: Invoices, Bills and Bank Lines- Understanding how financial transactions work in Xero
- Invoices created by the Loft47 integration
- Bills created by the Loft47 integration
- Using the File Inbox for other bill payment
- Matching invoices and bills to bank transactions
Part 3: Advanced Bank Reconciliation and Month-End Processes
- Advanced bank reconciliation issues
- Transfers between accounts
- Setting up bank rules for efficiency
- Finding and correcting errors
- Using Find & Recode
- Making journal entries
Part 4: Reporting and Open Q&A
- Bank reconciliation reports
- Trust subledger reporting
- Income statements
- Balance sheet
- Aged receivables and payables reports
- Open Q&A with a Xero expert
IMPORTANT NOTES: These four sessions build upon the Loft47 sessions held on Tuesdays of each week. It would be greatly beneficial for you to attend all eight sessions in order.
This will be a live webinar on Zoom. Once you register here, you will receive an email from Zoom with the webinar information for each session. If you do not receive it, email email@example.com.